Posted by Dr Fro 8:07 PM
The Main Event has been going on for some time, but commenting on it too early is a bit like commenting on who will win the Lotto tonight. Now that we are down to ~100 people, there is plenty to discuss:
- In 8th place is Jim McManus who is of no relation to Jim McManus. The former is from Ireland. The latter wrote one of my favorite books of all time.
- In 20th place is David Benefield. Although he is from Texas, I met him in Nevada. When I did my ~24-hour poker bender at the MGM during the CCM/FRO,Phd. trip, he sat to my left. He was playing $2-$5 NLHE. Evidently, he has really stepped it up since then. Me? I'm still the same - lost in a crowd, looking for the rain in a thundercloud...
- The biggest names toward the top are Victor Ramdin and Allen Cunningham. If AC goes deep, can we tolerate Norman Chad's man-crush on him? Methinks no. Update while I write this, Allen is out of the tournament.
- In 106th place is the man with more WSOP hardware than any man on the planet: Phil Hellmuth, Jr. Say what you want about him, but dude can play some freaking tournament poker.
- Matusow is right behind the Poker Brat. I'll bet on Phil over Matusow any day. ESPN would love to have these two progress in the Main Event.
- Iggy got knocked out and already has 80 comment on his blog.
I so wish I was there.
I have been concentrating on my .25-.50 HORSE game, and that has been profitable. I have won in 10 of 11 sessions, netting about $50. Maybe I should quit my job. Imagine the high-rolling lifestyle of the dude that can make $50 a month on the computer.